About the Project
Building Pathways was set up in 2019 to inspire, engage and support emerging and new talent to pursue construction careers by providing high quality information, advice and mentoring, and access to training and employment opportunities.
In collaboration with construction employers, the mentoring aspect of this initiative matches emerging talent from underrepresented groups to industry professionals and tradespersons from construction and built environment. Our mentors provide essential career guidance and support, organise work placements and raise the profile of the industry.
We are currently looking for more Industry Mentors to join our growing programme.
What your Mentor role will include:
- Providing information, advice and guidance
- Helping mentees to identify and develop their strengths and skills
- Passing on information about opportunities and pathways into the industry
- Helping to build mentees’ confidence and raise their aspirations
- Getting mentees ready for the world of work
- Sharing an insight into careers and supporting identifying work experience opportunities.
What commitment we need from you:
- Complete our online sign up form
- Attend a fun, interactive, 60 min mentor training webinar & complete a personality questionnaire
- Provide 1:1 mentoring at least once a month, responding to messages (approx. 1-2 hours per monthly, virtually or face-to-face)
- Write up a short case study of the mentoring relationship
- Provide 1:1 mentoring support for a period of up to 12 months, depending on mentee’s needs.
To discuss this opportunity further please do contact us