Over the past 12 months Building Pathways has successfully provided mentoring circles at job centres to young people wanting to get into the construction industry, as part of a Sector Work Based Academy approach.
We have also adapted the model to deliver mentoring circles remotely using Zoom or Google Meet platforms.
Our Mentoring Circles Programme includes:
- Organise and deliver a series of 1 hour webinar construction career talks and employability sessions hosted and led by industry professionals (virtual job fairs)
- Careers advice and guidance and Skills analysis
- Online group-based sessions covering:
- The industry: entry requirements, trades, routes into employment
- CV support and Interview preparation
- Health and Safety, Values & Behaviour
- Prep for work, English, Maths, Mind-Set, etc.
- Access to a range of job specific training including first aid at work, H&S and CSCS cards
- Access to virtual or onsite work placements and site tours
- Current and upcoming job opportunities, apprenticeships schemes and internships
- Attendees get an opportunity to gain insight into construction careers, entry requirements, different roles and opportunities.
- Attendees can register for employer-led mentoring and work placement programme
- Attendees learn about routes into employment, apprenticeships schemes and internships
Each programme targets 50 eligible candidates and aims to complete the course in 3 months, with a minimum of 15 work placements and guaranteed job interviews being offered.
For more information about Mentoring Circles please contact Philip Mills